We are a bunch of intersectional feminists. We talk about gender, politics, oppression and many other things. We lean geeky. We like your company!
How to Connect
For those with security concerns, here’s a guide on concealing your IP.
- Use trigger warnings for links and text.
- Try not to use demeaning gendered/marginalizing slurs. If you must, censor them like: c**t or t****y
- Anti-feminist rhetoric, bigotry, misogyny, antisemitism, racism, ableism, classism, homophobia, transphobia, cissexism, fatphobia, sizism, etc. are unacceptable and will face strict moderation.
- If you aren’t a feminist, aren’t versed in feminism, or are “on the fence” about feminism, then you should not be answering questions. Feel free to ask questions, but there is zero tolerance for explaining on behalf of feminists, shouting down feminist responses, or explaining what feminists really think.
- Check your privilege and be respectful towards the opinions and struggles of groups outside of the majority that you may have otherwise been unable to experience or perceive. Asserting a position of unexamined privilege warrants a warning and explanation for those unaware of doing so. Continuing to do so, particularly in dismissing the validity of less privileged perspectives, merits a ban.
- Participate in good faith. You lose the face you’re trying to save when you can’t admit when you’re wrong.
- Remember you’re talking to actual people — think to yourself “is this something I could see myself saying if I were face to face with this person?”
- Be aware that your actions do have an effect on others despite what your intentions may be — intent isn’t magic
- When your problematic behaviour is pointed out, do not become defensive. Instead, listen to what others are saying and apologise as necessary. Consider apologies as a three step process: apologise without qualification, do the necessary work to understand what your mistake was, and don’t repeat it.
Feel free to contact any of the moderators on IRC, if you have any issues or questions.
Using the Bot
No one knows how to do this, really–not even us!